Things To Do In Sacramento
The Best and Most Entertaining Things to Do in Sacramento
The Capitol City of California, Sacramento, is full of surprises. Whether you’re native to the area or just visiting, you can discover plenty of activities and places to go to entertain you and your friends. There are plenty of things to do in Sacramento to keep you occupied. Sacramento is the perfect place to explore the great outdoors, soak up the California sun, or visit museum and art centers.
- The Sacramento Zoo is a great place to bring the family. Located at Land Park Drive and 16th Avenue in Sacramento, the Sacramento Zoo offers both educational activities and fun events—including overnighters with the animals.
- Old Sacramento is full of museums, theaters, shops, and hotels. Full of history, Old Sacramento is worth a visit to explore and learn things you may have never known about the Capitol City itself.
- A tour of the Capitol is a great way to soak in the architecturally stunning, rich history of Sacramento. And it’s free to the public!
- The Crocker Art Museum has been around since 1885 and underwent a major expansion in 2010 and has tripled in size. In addition to holding world-class art, the museum presents lectures, films, concerts and more!
- Take a tour of Sutter’s Fort, which was once served as a trading post, a rehabilitation center for the Donner Party survivors and a refugee camp for people displaced by the 1906 earthquake in San Francisco.
- The Old Sacramento Underground tour lets you get a glimpse of what life was like over 150 years ago while going down below historic buildings and exploring excavated foundations, enclosed pathways and old artifacts while your tour guide recites stories of the past.
- Enjoy the vibrant social scene of Second Saturday. Filled with art gallery open houses, this Midtown Sacramento event draws crowds from all over the region.
So now that you know about all these fun and interesting things to do in Sacramento, where should you go to sit back, relax, enjoy a beer and great food! We’ve got just the destination for you… Swabbies on The River lets you wash away your worries as you relax in the shade of 60 foot trees all around you. Swabbies is great for daytime live music, indulging in their famous tacos, and popping open an ice-cold beer. So when looking for things to do in Sacramento, always remember the number one daytime destination; Swabbies on the River famous food famous fun!